Think of Mobility as maintenance and self-performed physical therapy. Participants are exposed to the principles of Kelly Starrett's movement and mobility method of resolving pain, preventing injury, and optimizing athletic performance. Fill out the form to register. Payment will be collected at the time of service. Each class is $10 for non-members.
Class is held on Mondays at 6pm.
Performance can be brought to an abrupt halt by dysfunctional movement patters and underlying restrictions in mobility. Oftentimes, the factors that impede performance are invisible to not only the untrained eye, but also to the majority of athletes and coaches. This class exposes attendees to a systematic approach to making these factors visible. This course illuminates common movement errors that can cause injury and reduce your speed, power, endurance and strength. This course teaches anyone – be it a weekend warrior, professional athlete, or someone wanting to be free from current restrictions – how to best maintain natural function and harness genetic potential.
- Prevent and rehabilitate common athletic injuries.
- Overhaul movement habits efficiently to use the body's most effective physiology.
- Quickly identify, diagnose and fix inefficient movement patterns.
- Problem solve for pain and dysfunction.
- Fix poor mechanics that rob power, bleed force and dump torque.
- Unlock athletic capacity previously unused.
- Identify and fix poor movement patterns in children.
- Develop strategies that restore function to joints and tissues.
Adapted from Crossfit.com Mobility Trainer Course description.